Saturday, January 20, 2007

A Zz and me Bit: The Zz Code

You havent heard of it?
What... seriously?
Which planet, precisely do you live on?

Rolls eyes and mutters for a bit about how dumb people are getting.

Okay, okay. I forgive you for your ignorance.
Possibly its just that Zz doesnt message you. (Incredulous look that says very clearly,"Yes, there is a high probability that you belong to that 2% of the population.")

Shakes head at what the world is coming to. I mean, we were dumb enough as it was, with all those american duffers we see on TV consistituing such a large portion of the world's population, without people in the vicinity displaying their ignorance with such panache.

Shakes self and decides to move on in the fear that she has lost the attention of the reader already (attention spans these days, god, don't get me started...)

The Zz code.
Or Da Zz Code.
Whichever you prefer.
Yes. Allow me to explain.

Zz gets a hundred free messages a day.
Evidently, that is not enough.
Evidently.


At around eight o' clock, she begins the process.
(Play MI music in background)

A missed call is given from Zz's phone to MM's.
Ta na na na, Ta na na na, Ta na na na na. (Thats the nokia ring tone. Not Bond Music, if you're confused. Its not MI music either. The MI music is playing in the background.)

MM looks up from her work (which is of high importance, I assure you). She's heard the cue. Now its all up to her. With cat-like agility, she swiftly searches the room for her phone, which she has left somewhere to cry alone, as usual, at how neglected it is.

After a few minutes, in which her room is ransacked to the point of it looking like a tsunami diaster area, she finds her phone. It is in her bag.

A sigh of relief is heaved. There's still time.
The keypad is unlocked.
A message is quickly typed out. (Using dictionary of course, so time saving it is.)
A quick re read, and the message is sent off to Zz.

The Code is complete.


In case you were wondering what the hell that was all about,
Congratulations!

You now belong to the covetted group that forms The World's Most Blithering Idiots.
Please await in the post, your introductory letter, which describes the initiation process you are required to undergo. In the mean time, buy yourself some rope and a large jar of honey. This will come in very handy as you will later come to find ou...

...Oh... I'm sorry. I dont know whats gotten into me. I seem to be in a very bad mood today. You are not an idiot. I assure you. Its just me. Really it is.
So what if you dont understand plain English? Doesnt mean you're stupid or anything...

Oops there I go again. I must really stop being so condescending, shouldnt I?
I should go on with my slightly pointless little story.

Its perfectly alright that you didnt understand. I shall explain in slightly less complicated terms. Now pay attention, and perhaps you will be able to comprehend... I mean, get, what I'm saying.



SMS conversation:
Yesterday, 8.03pm
Zz has finished her day's free messages.
MM (very put on, very fake look of surprise) has not.

Zz: Ta na na na, Ta na na na, Ta na na na na.

MM: Messages over I suppose?

Zz: Ta na na na, Ta na na na, Ta na na na na.

MM: I thought as much, I did.

Zz: Ta na na na, Ta na na na, Ta na na na na.

MM: Why yes, thank you. I have had dinner. Scrumptious meal of rice, sambar and beans laced with coconut. And what about you?

Zz: Ta na na na, Ta na na na, Ta na na na na.

MM: Ooo sounds YUM! Ask your mum to send some to college some day.

Zz: Ta na na na, Ta na na na, Ta na na na na.

MM: Dang it. If only I were non veggie.

Zz: Ta na na na, Ta na na na, Ta na na na na.

MM: Okay, okay! I'll put my songs in a cd for you. You dont have to be all naggy about it.

Zz: Ta na na na, Ta na na na, Ta na na na na.

MM: The CD doesnt have enough space for five hundred and thirty songs you silly goose. I'll put in as much as I can.

Zz: Ta na na na, Ta na na na, Ta na na na na.

MM: AND the sleep over photos, yes. Grumble grumble. The stuff I do for you. Grumble.

Zz: Ta na na na, Ta na na na, Ta na na na na.

MM: Alright. I've stopped grumbling. Are you happy now? Mutter mutter. CD's almost done.

Zz: Ta na na na, Ta na na na, Ta n

MM: Yawn. Yes, I'm sleeepy too. Well I'll catch ya tomorrow.

Zz: Ta na na na, Ta na na na, Ta na na na NA!

MM: Sigh. I wont forget the cd. Nag, nag, nag.

10.04 pm.
The code is complete.


Now besides all this being very fun for me, the reason I play along with the whole Zz code thing, is because I'm terribly jobless, not to mention psychologically imbalanced. And because, well, I like Zz, despite all the insane tricks she pulls. And also, because its mysterious. It is a code after all. Who doesnt want to be part of a mysterious code? I for one, do.

No comments: